Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
IF YOU ARE HIRING A CAR:
- Include your hire car details in your online order. We have a long-standing relationship with all Brisbane hire car companies, however we do not service Europcar.
- We deliver and professionally install your hired car seat/s in your hire car prior to your arrival. Any other hired equipment is placed in the boot of your hire car.
- When you return the hire car, simply leave the equipment in the hire car and notify the service desk. Some companies may ask you to remove the seats/equipment and bring them in to their office.
- We collect the equipment and refund your bond, providing no parts are missing and there are no damages. Please refer to our “Important Notes for Hire” to ensure your bond refund.
- COST is just $30 extra for the full service above.
Note: Taking equipment out of the Brisbane area is allowable, on the condition that all equipment is returned to Brisbane. Unfortunately we are unable to deliver or collect beyond Brisbane/Logan/Caboolture/Bribie and do not service Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast airports.
Note: Our mobile service hours are Mon-Fri 9am-2pm, Sat 9am-12pm.
If you or your family/friend are collecting at BNE Airport we have 3 options:
- You or your family/friend can have your seat/equipment installed and return to us at Bracken Ridge (we are 15mins north of Bris Airport, 30mins north of CBD)
- We can meet near the airport to install the seat just prior to pick up, and the same just after drop off. Cost is $30 extra includes both trips – within our mobile service hours.
- We can deliver, install and collect at their home or work prior to your arrival and after you leave, within our mobile service hours. Cost will depend on suburb (distance from us).
Our office hours are Mon-Fri 9am-4pm, Sat 9am-2pm.
Our mobile service finishes at 2pm Mon-Fri, 12pm Sat.
It is a condition of hire that OUR EQUIPMENT IS NOT TO BE TAKEN ON A FLIGHT. This creates a high risk of loss and damage which the small bond does not cover, and is a stipulation of our Insurance provider. Loss/Damage legally requires full replacement cost or the cost of the part, to be covered by you, the Hirer – this is an expense we are sure you will not wish to cover.
Taking equipment out of the Brisbane area is allowable, on the condition that equipment is returned to Brisbane. Unfortunately we are unable to deliver or collect beyond Brisbane/Logan/Caboolture/Bribie.
We do not service Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast.
- Brisbane Baby hire equipment is freshly cleaned, sanitised and safety checked for EVERY HIRE
- Our equipment is kept in as-new condition so you can be happy to use it and Brisbane Baby can be proud to have our label on it.
- Our equipment is regularly updated and older equipment retired from hire as required.
- All of our hire equipment is sourced in Australia and meets minimum Australian Safety Standards or higher.
We ensure we have the best prices in Brisbane but will happily price match if you find the same brand/model cheaper with another baby hire company!
Hire costs will depend on the item/model you hire and how long you are hiring it for. We have hiring increments in place from 1 day to 12 mths. Please check out our website, www.brisbanebabyhire.au. You can use the search bar to find the item you are looking for, or click on the category to see what’s available.
- Security Bond, payable with your order and refunded upon safe, undamaged return of each item, within 1-7 days of return. Usually just $50 per order.
- Any mobile service fees if you require Airport Concierge (+$30) or delivery and pickup services (depends on suburb/driving distance).
You can easily get an accurate quote yourself by using our order system at www.brisbanebabyhire.au. The total cost will show once all of your travel/hire details are filled in. If you don’t complete/pay for the order, nothing else happens and no order is placed.
Yes! It is advisable any extensions of hire are requested in writing to email@example.com with as much notice as possible.
Extensions are possible if the item is not already re-booked during your new dates. It is best to hire for the longest required term and if you return early, you receive a refund of the cost between the 2 hire periods.
EXCLUSIVE TO BRISBANE BABY: We don’t begin another hire period! We simply extend your current hire to the appropriate hire term. You ONLY PAY the DIFFERENCE between the hire period you have paid for, and the hire period you need to extend to.
We are committed to keeping our families safe from all infectious viruses. All precautions, safety measures, meticulous cleaning for EVERY hire and care are taken by Brisbane Baby to prevent the spread of infection..
When we install into your vehicle, we use hand sanitiser before and after installation and masks where required.
- If you are currently ill with a virus we ask for your full disclosure so we can take appropriate safety precautions.
Toni is the owner and operator of Brisbane Baby Hire & Install. As an Accredited and Experienced Restraint Fitter, was initially trained in 2009 and accredited by ACRI. In 2015 was trained and accredited by Kidsafe with ongoing refresher courses.
- Brisbane Baby H&I takes the time at your installation to demonstrate how to safely use the restraint going forward and when/how to adjust harness height as baby grows. Other family members who will need to know this information are encouraged to be present.
YES, we can move your other seat over to make way for the baby seat. It’s just another installation fee to cover our time, effort and expertise. We install capsules and rear facing car seats behind the passenger due to the extra room required behind the front seat. Generally the driver needs the most room and must be able to drive in comfort.
You are welcome to bring your stroller and adaptors if needed at capsule installations so we can show you how to use these also.
Retail Baby Store installers where you purchase your car seat are trained, yes, but with high staff turnover, can possibly lack experience and know-how. They are on a time limit and generally don’t provide the information you need to know going forward.
- We are a family business with children, and have the experience and interest in keeping your baby as safe as possible.